The charisma of the colour ‘red’ can’t be denied. Red is the colour of passion, celebration and weddings. A red saree embodies all these elements lending a graceful yet sultry appeal. A red saree makes a bride looks perfectly in her element as a symbol of love and hailed as auspicious. Red is a beautiful and bold colour to wear for any special occasions and it often turns heads. What can be better than a red saree to perfectly adorn the Indian ethnic avatar! The six yards of sumptuous red will make a distinct fashion statement and showcase you as the highlight of the occasion.
If you adore the colour red and more than that you love sarees, then you got to combine both your loves into one. A red saree with a golden border will make you look like a vision and everyone around you will be spellbound. The golden border will go with red saree perfectly and make it look even more appealing. But like everything, there are a few pros and cons of red saree with golden twist. So it is better to keep in mind these few things before you go and pick yourself a red saree with a golden border –
- Red is a dominant colour and will create a bold impression. While choosing a red saree with golden border, keep in mind that the golden part of the saree should be limited to the border only. In a perfect red saree, golden will enhance the look and not overdo it.
- Look for a red saree in fabrics such as chiffon, georgette and net. A red saree looks best in the light-weight fabrics. Since red and golden are both strong colours. Select a red saree with fewer embellishments to tone down the look further. A red saree with minimal design and work will always look neat, classy and elegant.
- Choose a red saree that has simple blouse. Embellishments or embroidery, if any should be concentrated on the arms or the back only. Look for a saree with a contrasting blouse colour. You can choose the contrasting colours like black, blue and white to up the glam quotient without overdoing the look.
- While choosing a red saree, pick a red that suits you. There are many hues of red. So pick a shade of red that looks flattering on you. Also, red saree with golden border will really look gorgeous on the warm skin undertones. So if you are warm tones, pick the brightest shade of red with golden or beige border. You can look for matching golden blouse with your favourite red saree to doll up further.
- Rose gold is the new golden. So to look more trendy and stylish, you can look for a red saree that has rose gold accents on the border.
- When dressing up in a red saree with golden border or highlights, keep in mind that you don’t make everything red. Keep your accessories and makeup to the minimum. Go for smoky eye look or neutral accessories in beige or black.